Hello! I'm Eddie from The Usual Mayhem. I'm thrilled to be a contributor on Serenity You, since I have been an avid reader for a couple of years now. I hope I can match the high quality of posts I've seen so far here!
I thought I'd give you a quick Ten-Things-About Me post here. If you want to know more about us and our rather chaotic life, you can always follow my blog, or join me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter (Please do!).
OK, here goes:
OK, here goes:
1. I'm 42, although I can't quite believe it. My kids are 20, almost-12 (this week!) and 5.
2. We've been homeschooling for 8 years now, going into our 9th. I've been working with children in one form or another for 30 years. I'm was Montessori educated and trained.
3. Learning challenges in our homeschool: dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, vision issues, and a strong preference for being outside hiking when we should be doing math.
4. We live in a small city in Quebec, a few blocks from farmland but still in the suburbs.
5. I grew up spending lot of my time on Manitoulin Island, Ontario (look for the big land lump in the middle of Lake Huron on a map), and we plan to move there in the next year or so, barring unforseen events.
6. Things I love to do: Sew (very well), dance, sing (poorly), cook (far too well....just ask my waistline, if you can find it), hike, nap.
7. Things I hate to do: fold laundry, answer the telephone, be in large groups (too shy and somewhat claustrophobic).
8. I would love to: live a completely self-sustaining lifestyle. Probably won't happen but our aim is to get as close as possible.
9. I hope to: live to see grandchildren and great-grandchildren and not in a smelly-senile-lady-in-the-corner kind of way. I want to be the kind of old lady who still climbs mountains.
10. At Serenity You, I want to: show you things that I don't neccessarily put on my blog: sewing projects, crafts, cooking, and other things. Mostly I want to have fun and share it with you.
Linking to some of these great parties